The Southwest Alberta Road Safety SocietyThe Southwest Alberta Road Safety Society delivers educational road safety programs to partnering communities in Southwest Alberta, and is dedicated to saving lives on Alberta roads.
To work collaboratively with all community traffic safety stakeholders, to save lives on Alberta Roads and increase public safety.
Road Safety EducationThe Road Safety Society offers Road Safety Education.
- Road Safety Education in Schools K-12
- Child Car Seat Inspections & Information Sessions
- Roll Over Simulator (Occupant Restraint Education)
- Fatal Vision (Impaired Driving Education)
- Distracted Driving Presentations
- Speed Presentations
- Intersection Safety Presentations
- P.A.R.T.Y. Program
- Street Safe Program
- Recreation Vehicle Education & Inspections
- Joint Force Education Events (On Highway)
- Community Trade Shows
- Progressive Agriculture Safety Day Events
- Various Community Driven Public Safety Events
Alberta Traffic Collision Facts
REGION 1 – Southwest Region 2012
WHAT HAPPENED ON SOUTHWEST’S ROADWAYS IN 2012?
• 19 people were killed as a result of traffic collisions.
• 841 people were injured in traffic collisions.
• A total of 4273 collisions occurred.
In 2012, approximately…
• One person was killed every 19 days.
• Two people were injured daily.
• 12 traffic collisions were reported daily